Upcoming performances and News
The Jonesboro High School Marching Band has got off to a great start their season with their first perfromance on Friday, August 31st versus Mt. Zion High School. The band showed great poise and discipline when performing on the field for half-time and had a great sound in the stands. They recieved many compliments from the parents and faculty of Jonesboro High School.
We will be having our first band parent meeting of the year on Tuesday, September 11th directly after practice at 7:15p.m. We will be discussing fundrasing and start putting together our plans for our performance in Charlotte, NC for the National High Stepping Championship in November. Our performance schedule is outline below, and can be printed out from the calendar section of our website. Please make plans to attend this very important meeting.
Mr. L. Mcwhorter
Director of Bands
Jonesboro High School
Jonesboro High School Marching Band
after school practice schedule
The marching band will practice four days a week up till our first game on August 31st. The schedule will be as follows:
- Tuesday-Friday/ 3:05-3:50 study hall/ 4:00-7:00 rehearsal
After our first game, the band will move to a three day a week schedule at will follow one of two scenario’s:
- Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday/3:05-3:50 study hall/ 4:00-7:00 rehearsal
- Tuesday-Thursday/3:05-3:50 study hall/ 4:00-7:00 rehearsal
Outside Performance Schedule
Outside of our regularly scheduled football games, we still perform for parades, battle of the bands, competitions, and community events. As of today, we have the following events planned for our fall season:
- September 29th, 2012/ Atlanta Classic Parade/Downtown, GA
- October 6th, 2012/ Peach State Battle of the Bands/ Snellville, GA
- October 20th, 2012/ Mid-South Regional High Stepping Competition/Snellville, GA
- November 9th-11th/ National High Stepping Competition/Charlotte, NC
Further details about these events will be discussed at our first band parent meeting for the school year.